Join Momentum Factor CEO Jonathan Gilliam for an upcoming webcast called How to Protect & Defend Your Brand Online in Today’s Search Engine Environment.
Many businesses and professionals are being harmed by negative information that has been published on the internet. Unfortunately, it is now very easy for someone to harm a business by anonymously or pseudonymously publishing damaging content online. This can include competitors or disgruntled employees, distributors or customers.
Damaging content is usually shared on social media platforms, but users can go so far as to create their own sites for the sole purpose of attacking businesses and/or professionals. In some cases, disgruntled parties publish damaging information on well-established review sites. Such reviews can be particularly harmful because search engines consider these to be “authority websites.” This gives the malicious content a higher ranking, which can have a meaningful and lasting effect on a business or professional’s reputation.
A number of recent developments have altered the way these issues must be dealt with online. Actions such as contacting Google to remove content have become more difficult to do.
In this webinar, Colleen Devanney, Partner at Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP and co-leader of the firm’s internet defamation practice, and Jonathan Gilliam, founder & CEO of Momentum Factor will address the following topics:
- The current state of online reputation management and how it has evolved in recent years;
- Options available to harmed businesses and professionals for removing defamatory content and/or links from search results;
- Changes associated with Google;
- The process for identifying anonymous/pseudonymous poster;
- Other efforts that should be taken to combat malicious content, beyond SEO and PR; and
- Considerations before developing a plan for addressing defamatory content.
To register for the webcast, click here.