Our team is tight-knit and enjoys a fantastic culture, amenities & benefits! Entrepreneurial mindsets are welcome. We are looking for a talented and motivated Lead Software Engineer to work with our contract engineering teams to build and maintain industry-leading ethics training, compliance monitoring, and case management solutions.
As Lead Software Engineer, you will be responsible for defining and implementing new features and system capabilities, working with a team of contract engineers. You will use your skills and experience in solutions architecture, component selection, software development, unit testing, code review and engineering best practices to deliver functional, reliable, and maintainable capabilities to our customers.
Our technology stack is AWS-hosted with Python and Rails back-end systems on Neo4j and PosgreSQL, Rails and React application front-end.
May be remote.
Please email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Detailed Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Work with the Director of Products to refine requirements, review and scope user stories.
- Design, develop, test, and deliver software solutions that provide valuable results for our clients.
- Review and guide the work of contract development teams.
- Foster continuous incremental improvement in engineering best practices, code quality, reliability, security and efficiency across the teams.
- At least 5 years development experience in a commercial SaaS / PaaS product environment.
- Server-side Python, Java, or C# experience.
- Experience using one or more web application frameworks: Rails, NodeJS, React, Angular, etc.
- Experience using and integrating AWS, Google, or similar cloud platform services.
- Experience working in an agile team environment.
- Leadership skills. Previous engineering team lead experience is a huge plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication on the phone or in person.
Bonus Points for …
- Prior experience with Ruby-on-Rails technology stack and tool set.
- Prior experience working with geographically-distributed agile teams.