The Product Manager is the project’s key stakeholder, or “Product Owner” The Product Manager develops and maintains a vision for the product and is responsible for communicating that vision to the scrum team and collaborates with internal stakeholders to ensure that business, quality and functional goals are met with each product release.
The Product Manager is responsible for the design, usability, quality, and delivery of a product and features. The Product Manager is a primary decision-maker on priorities and works to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned at each stage of the development lifecycle. He/she understands both the technical and business side of the product release and is ultimately responsible for representing the end user’s needs.
The Product Manager oversees implementation and product support with clients, using their knowledge of the product to assist technical implementation/setup, troubleshoot client issues and serve as technical liaison to client teams.
We are a smaller firm with an outside dev team of about 10 engineers, testers etc. If you’re looking for a small close-knit team, we’re it!
Will consider full-time remote for those considering a move to Austin. Permanent hybrid option (50% remote) or 100% in office also available.
Please email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Detailed Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Report to the Director of Operations
- Work with remote software team, QA engineers, BA team, and Technical Project Management members
- Consult with Director of Operations and Client Success team when defining product roadmap
- Maintain and prioritize Jira backlog for sprint grooming and planning
- Work with the UX team to identify and describe UX needed ahead of each sprint
- Join daily Zoom meetings to provide team direction and assist with priorities
- Participate in product planning and feature releases
- Advocate for new product features at cross-team meetings
- Document new product features in Confluence
- Train Client Success team on new features
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3+ years’ experience in SaaS product ownership
- 3+ years experience with Jira, Confluence, Postman, Excel, and SQL
- Demonstrated ability to distill a complex set of requirements into defined deliverables
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a way that enables the team to understand what is being done and why
- Strong communicator with a results-driven attitude
- Demonstrated ability to work with a dispersed team
- Experience with Agile methodology to drive software development and deployment
- Understanding of APIs and REST based services
- Experience working with distributed and offshore engineering teams
- Have a customer and growth mindset
- Decisive, creative, problem-solving mindset
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organization, and planning skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Be flexible and adaptable with change in a dynamic, rapidly growing environment
Bonus Points for …
- Experience with data crawling, as well as natural language training and processing