Sr. Backend Engineer, Saas, Ruby / Python
Sr. Backend Engineer, Saas
Momentum Factor, one of Austin Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” and an Inc. Magazine “America’s Fastest Growing Companies” award recipient multiple years running, is in search for a talented, self-starting, experienced Sr. Backend Engineer to join our firm. This hire would be joining an exclusive, tight-knit team with great office culture, amenities and benefits.
Momentum Factor is a software firm, specializing in online compliance monitoring to large brands across the US and internationally. Founded as a startup in Austin in 2010, we take our work seriously, but equally important to us is maintaining a fun, dynamic, collaborative work environment. If you’re a positive-minded self-starter with a quick wit to match your skill set, this may be the perfect job for you.
Detailed responsibilities of Sr. Backend Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Implement Jira bug fixes and feature enhancements in legacy code
- Write testable, maintainable, performant software
- Refactor legacy code when needed
- Collaborate with international software dev teams daily
- Create and update Confluence documentation when needed
- Communicate clearly and often with other team members
- Implement and improve NLP models when necessary
- Be self-motivating
- Precisely debug existing legacy code
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- 5+ years of experience server-side programming languages (Ruby and Python)
- Experience with AWS cloud services
- Experience with server-side MVC frameworks
- Understanding of REST and API Design principles
- Experience writing complex SQL statements
- Ability to write tests that cover most common use cases and code paths
- Minimum 2 years of experience with cloud automation and scripting
- Ability to write well-crafted, scalable, testable, high quality code
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira and Confluence)
- Ability to solve complex technical challenges at web-scale
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and time-management skills
Bonus Points for…
Experience implementing ML and NLP frameworks
Job Type: Full-time, Austin-based, some remote possible.
We’re all working from home for the safety of our team and community.
Please email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected]